SERVICE PROVIDED: STAFF AUGMENTATION
Better insurance plans for users
Trellis uses data to help insurance companies offer more convenient and personalized plans to their customers.
Founded in 2019 and backed by top Venture Capitals, Trellis is an online platform that allows American users to access personalized and more economic insurance plans.
When Trellis contacted Bixlabs, they already had an operating platform launched in production, a proven business model, and a broad base of loyal customers.
Years working together
DEVELOPING INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
Trellis entrusted us with the complex task of collecting, analyzing, and storing user data drawn from multiple insurance websites.
Data collecting and management is a critical asset because it allows Trellis partners to boost sales by offering better insurance plans.
Before we got involved with this project, the platform presented a series of core problems:
Development antipatterns causing multiple issues
Some processes worked inefficiently because the product didn’t follow software development best practices or clean architecture principles.
Extracting data from users was a complex and chaotic process.
We incorporated a technical leader to guide developers through programming best practices, improving the existing code, reducing errors, and amending development patterns.
- We developed a series of tools and features that enabled Trellis to automate data collection and storage. These utilities helped us improve data parceling, data processing, and data structuring to interpret and register the information more efficiently.
- We optimized the information gathering regarding what type of insurance plans users had, what services those plans included, how much users paid for them, and what could be a better alternative.
- By implementing a code audit software, we ensured maximum performance and quality and reduced potential programming flaws. We monitored the consequences of each error, tracking with precision how much time the system was down, so we could have precise estimations of the financial impact of each issue and the costs of fixing a particular bug.
We also carried strict planning and clean architecture guidelines in the development of new features for the platform. Through a code quality metric software, we measured the time it took us to develop each new functionality and the staff hours it would take us to make a complete change in the code.
We are currently providing support and maintenance to the platform, including:
- Fixing recurrent system issues. Applying agile methodologies and clean architecture principles. Implementing development best practices to improve the overall quality of the code. Conducting automated tests and raising the work-quality var within devs.
- Improving development practices helped the client set a new quality standard. Now, Trellis demands its developers to work using the same principles and techniques as us to ensure the highest work quality and reduce errors.
- Working with Trellis allowed us to improve our own documentation process. Trellis has a comprehensive and detailed approach regarding development documentation we think is greatly enriching, so we were pleased to learn from it and incorporate it into our skillset.
The client was so impressed and satisfied with Bixlabs performance and results that they decided to incorporate even more of our dedicated developers into the project.
Currently, five senior software engineers are working full time on this project, plus one tech leader providing guidance and ensuring the team is meeting every goal in the roadmap.